Saturday, November 1, 2008

Kuau
















Sailed Kuau today.there were some slightly overhead sets, with kind of light wind. with my weight i was underpowered with 5.3. made some tactial errors as well. like messing around on the downwind reef (waves were much better on the upwind) soon realised that i was struggling with gaining ground upwind. spent about 30 minutes edging my way up past the launch. by now i realised the wind was too light for me and sailed back in. was lucky and had a couple of waves in the back and planed most of the way in through the channel. at Hookipa the surfers were "hugging" the reef all day,so the normal Ho crew sailed Kuau,Lanes,Mamas today. with so many good sailors out i took some photos.hopefully my next session at kuau will be with a bit more wind and a tad bigger swell. thats my favourite conditions !

2 comments:

Tormod said...

Hope for 1 m/s more and I join you tomorrow at Kuau Paal. Anyway big honor to you for going out there today

George Markopoulos said...

I have a good forecast for sunday, but I'm still living vicariously thru your pictures, wishing I was in maui.